The Art Teacher
The Art Student/s
The Art Class/Group
Brave Art Paradigm
First Day Lecture
Art Teacher Portfolio
COMING 12/13/13! Includes:
- new single-spaced text (saves 100 pages of print!)
- fewer pages = cheaper to publish
- title reads "Future" High School Art Teacher -- not "New"
- new order -- same content (+ new topics!)
- The ability to learn from art, and thus each other, can emerge from hearing and listening to the art reflections and life experiences that students bravely share in safe and caring classroom atmospheres (things this book will teach the reader how to do).
- A brave art teacher focuses on creating meaning so that problem-solving/finding and thinking skills will be useful to students in a multitude of circumstances.
- This method of instruction (and learning) is based on a trust in art and humanness, which begins with the teacher/leader and eventually filters into the students. Under this philosophy brave art for teens is not about making art objects. It is about finding life-meaning via reflecting upon the art-making process.